One life to live but so much to give.
I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a wife, I am a mother....
I am an in.di.vid.ual and there's so much to me....
more than I even know

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Doing it all....or at least most of it....

Some may say (and have said) WAIT till your kids are older....and a bit more independant...

MANAGE your time better

PICK your battles

RESIGN yourself to

PACE yourself

ONE thing at a time

I just used the words your/yourself FIVE times in nearly as many sentences.

It isn't all about me but yet I have this 'ideal'....no, that's not the right word.

I have things I would like to do...

Bake my own bread, make things from scratch.....but alas at this moment it seems like these things aren't meant to be. Or are they?

Today for the first time I am making my own bread and making hot cross buns. I figured if I was going into yeast territory why not just go the double whammy.

Currently in the 'proving' and 'rising' stages so I am not posting about any end results yet because the end has not yet been reached.

In the meantime I was grumpy. My kids must be too little? Or I have let them get away with things that now annoy the hell out of me?

They like to stand on little steps on the other side of the kitchen and watch me cook.....can some of you already see what might be annoying?

Could it be 3 kids trying to get the best view on the same one person step?

Could it be the leaning over the ledge into the kitchen?

Could it be bringing toys up with them and dropping all manner of things accidentially onto the bench?

I don't know. Well I do know that in my head I was yelling WOULD YOU JUST GO AWAY!

I think I have been kidding myself a bit. I think the kids are around me too much in terms of hanging off me or if they see me doing something in the kitchen they come to ask for food.

I have been told to ignore them more. Mother guilt can be such a terrible thing at times.

This is really just a big ramble into the web.....mind you at the moment my head feels like it is filled with webs. All my thoughts getting jumbled up and mixed around.

The question of me doing what I want to do and not worrying about other people....this transition stuff is hard!

No comments: