One life to live but so much to give.
I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a wife, I am a mother....
I am an in.di.vid.ual and there's so much to me....
more than I even know

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brothers and sisters.....the real life kind

I love how at such a young age my kids seem to have a genuine love for each other. Maybe they now know mummy isn't a push over.....they have started sorting out their own differences, treating each other with compassion and genuine concern. They are big in the 'huggling' and 'kussing' each other. I know time will pass and when they are older the whole repetitive hugs and kisses on the 'wipps' will get a bit old and maybe even become 'yucky' but for now......I will enjoy watching them (and encouraging them).

The 2 girls share a room.....


Ashley is very loving and 'motherly'. Ashley is also very independant. She rushes off after breakfast and puts her dishes in the sink and then promptly dresses herself. She then asks Grace is she needs help getting dressed and of course Grace's face lights up! A bit of a struggle usually ensues. You know, the old needtotakeglassesoffBEFOREshirt part?

Grace is showing signs of being just as loving and 'motherly' as her older sister. She has graduated from saying 'Wawwy' (her version of Larry) to saying 'Weewye' (her version of Levi). There was a bit of confusion when we decided to ditch Levi's dummy cold turkey as she loved *giving it to him (*read shove it in his face at every opportunity).

This is such an encouragement to me. To think deliberately about my actions. Cos they are learning from me and watching everything!

Grace has taken to her new glasses like a champ. Keeping them on all the time. Oh and boy oh boy is she funny! Always hamming it up for us! She really is so funny.

Grace looks very much like me (but exceedingly more cute and with devine blue eyes). I love it for many reasons. One reason is the joy it gives my parents. Grace is a good version of me as a little child. I was grumpy, she rarely is. I think I got away with being grumpy too much! She is also at this young age showing a major preference to using her left hand. I am left handed as is my dad. Time will tell!

So these little girls have each other for sisters for life! What a blessing to each other and to us! They like to chat in their room. I find it so funny how Ashley says they 'talk to each other'. When I ask what they talk about I get all sorts of exciting responses. I feel like I have gone on a journey with them. Into their little 'sister world'.


Brothers.....ahhh! These little guys melt my heart! A nearly 4 year old and a 7 month old to be such little buddy's already! These two little guys share a room too. On a side note I am a huge fan of siblings sharing rooms. Ethan and Ashley actually cried when I told them they wouldn't be sharing a room anymore in the new house. :( I am not opposed to boy/girl siblings sharing a room and have even thought about putting E,A and G on the same room but Ethan said 'Levi will be lonely, I will stay with him'. Melt my heart!

The similarities between the boys are amazing. Well least to me. Having Levi is like having a baby Ethan all over again, just with a different eye colour. Both boys have such tender hearts. They love cuddles (especially Levi who looooooves mummy and no, not just for my milk....although that helps). Ethan only sparingly gives out 'kusses' now. I savour each one he gives me!

No comments: