One life to live but so much to give.
I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a wife, I am a mother....
I am an in.di.vid.ual and there's so much to me....
more than I even know

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thrifty finds

I was thinking back the other day about all the 'treasures I have found over the years. Deceased estates, garage sales, op shops.....some great stuff for sooooo little!

Here is a picture of some recent finds

Oh books.....getting soooo many books. Need a bigger house....for the books! Average cost 50 cents

I was so giddily excited about the binoculars that I was using them in the van on the way home....not a good idea (no, I was not driving). MAJOR headache! hehe Three stamps I have been looking for, for ages....this book belongs to, handmade by and can't remember the other one right now. I get mostly excited when I see things that I have bought from op shops and garage sales in the shops for HUGE amounts and I have paid so little.

My younger brother recently worked at the winter olympics in Vancouver and sent over a ton of stuff for the kids. Here's little Levi trying his gear on. The little guy kept tipping over but man he is cuuuute!

Did an i-spy swap with Wendy. Here are almost all of the swapped bits! Very exciting! I have sewn them in rows so far but holding off till I a) get more and b) grow some more quilting brain cells. My mind can just not get around it at the moment. I am busy with the kids and my mind is very bogged down trying to work out how to......

1. Continue to keep my house clean
2. Get all morning chores done i.e breakfast eating, dressed, clean up, vitamins, brush teeth, make beds. It is very time consuming. Ethan and Ashley have been wonderful and want to do these things for themselves BUT they are still very little so need help still. Then stopping to breastfeed Levi......I just suck at the being still and just spending time with them. Onwards and upwards and keep on trying. Then the 'teaching' them part. It is so hard to 'un learn' the way I did it. I went to school and I do not want to replicate that at home.

Also, not to repeat myself but the kids are little. I just feel a bit pressured with people asking me 'how's school going'......all.the.time. I almost enjoy being a bit of a recluse because adding on anything other than our weekly food shopping is too much at the moment. Most days are very relaxed and nice and slow. Just don't want my brain to shrivel up too much and to become too lazy.

I am glad I am back online blogging out some thoughts to the deep abyss of the world wide WEB.

Life is good....most of the time :)