One life to live but so much to give.
I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a wife, I am a mother....
I am an in.di.vid.ual and there's so much to me....
more than I even know

Monday, March 1, 2010

Simpler

I am after a simpler life. Don't get me wrong. My life is good most of the time but even though we are pretty relaxed and mostly carefree it still seems rushed. My mind feels rushed and I am tired.

So very tired. Not a 'I need a break tired' but tired of shops, consumerism, ads. I saw an ad this morning. Another 'no surprises here' moment but at the same time SHAME ON THEM!

An ad for Fernwood gym saying "Join in for Fox sake". Deplorable! Think of some newbie reader kiddie reading that and think of how they might pronounce it. It is about the principle. I am sick of people like me being told to calm down, relax, don't worry about it, its harmless! It is NOT harmless.

Unfortunately to have a simpler life with a larger property in a more rural area costs money. Money we do not have (and strongly suspect will never have. :( Oh and it is not about the money. It is not about being rich but how do you get from where you are now to where you want to be. Out in the country, on our own property and giving the finger the 'the man'?

I am tired. More tired than I have been in a long time and I don't know why.

Life is good. I am in love with my husband (more than ever) and my children. I could eat them they are so good but.......

I want a simpler life

p.s did you know that playing ice hockey and figure skating is easy. Hockey players have 'knives on their 'shoes'? I do, Ethan told me :)

2 comments:

Sparkling Adventures said...

I've been looking at that Fernwood ad and wondering who I can write to so I can complain properly. I'll let you know if I find out!

Stop the junk mail by putting a sticker on your letterbox. That will keep the world at bay a bit longer.

Oh, my love, take some iron and vitamin Bs too. It should help with providing a bit more energy so you aren't so tired (at least physically). You should be able to wake up with new strength each day!

ARTwendy ... said...

Hey lovely ... Thanks for a great catch up this morning.It is my great pleasure in knowing some of you: Find what it is that can restore that 'tiredness' ... what is it that re-charges you emotionally? The world is only getting faster so the way I see it ... block it out by choice, educate your kids to be wise, knowing & to make good choices ... one day they will taste the sweet stuff but here's hoping that their taste buds will scream alarm bells!!!