One life to live but so much to give.
I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a wife, I am a mother....
I am an in.di.vid.ual and there's so much to me....
more than I even know

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The connections

 
How beautiful is this photo! This photo was taken by my husband. Very, VERY technical and difficult to take but I will share how he did it.
Go make a cup of coffee then have a read.............


Ben went outside to our backyard.

Layed down on the trampoline on his back.

Looked up. Pointed and shot.

Looking at this photo reminds me that we ARE blessed. 

I have put in here to look at when I see other people's perfect houses.

We need to not think too much about all the repairs and things we would like to do to the house and all the lack of money to do it. I am very grateful that God gave me a husband who is patient and focus's on much more important things than my "poor us, I want new carpet, paint, can we paint...." Money, money, money WHERE is the money! I try to pace my rantings so I don't reach the limit of my husband's patience too quickly.

Last night had another get together with the girls. It was the first "block swap" for the year. Last night we just got together and decided who was doing what and went over how to do what we decided to do!

I am such a clear and easy to read blogger girl! Ha!

I figure as long as I mostly know what I am on about then that is ok.

I had lots of fun and of course stayed longer than I should have but man I am still laughing today about my vocabulary lesson.


**************

Quite unusual for me (note * sarcasm) I am already thinking I should have pictures in every post. I want pictures but I don't want to load them.

Funny how grabbing the usb thingy, plugging it in then getting sucked into looking at photos of the children takes up so much time. Pesky CAAAAAAAAAAUTE kids.

 
My beautiful first born son! He is a joy and becoming quite hilarious with the funny things he says, sings
See! Distracted again!


I was just reading a friend's blog and she titled the post "A work in progress". I really enjoy reading about people repurposing something, making it "new" again or making something from scratch.

We have been working on our office/craft room today.

 

I had stacked everything from the office to the side so I could take a picture of the desk to sell on ebay. When I realized that it had been dismantled and rebuilt in the office I tried to dismantle it by myself and it weighed 567,000 kilos...So smash, bang, chuck outside occurred. Whoops :P

After 1.5 tears were shed by me (*) I managed to pick myself up, give myself 500 high fives for finally killing the desk.

Then went on my merry way setting up the craft room. Unfortunately my easy going husband mentioned that this might not be so fair.  A comprimise has been met, a new desk has been purchased and we are both happy.

Hopefully we can make it a great room. Due to dodgey plastering in there I suggested wallpapering or doing something "wall paperyish". Yes, that is so a word. We just don't have the skills yet to plaster ourselves. We also CBB (can't be bothered) at this present time.


Look at that long hair. Grace turned 2 on the 11th of January......amazing! Just need to get her to stop sucking on it in bed! If only she could work out that she could suck her thumb by itself and not the hair AND thumb.

I am pretty bad at taking before photos. I just get so excited. However, I think I should still take photos of the after to prove that I don't waste every hour away perfecting the art of procrastination..

 

Theodore mouse up in the air. I may have a small (80+) collection of Golden Books. This one is my ultimate favourite. I probably sound freaky but to me it is like he is real. Laugh all you like but the artist is so talented!

Look at his little face telling me about the adventure he is going to go on. I figured I would frame a couple of pages to keep me company in the office/craft room (oc). Also to remind me of the times I want to go away on an adventure that homes really is the best place to be.

I had 2 u.g.l.y frames with u.g.l.y pictures in them from the op shop for $1. They were originally white. I sanded them back then mixed up some dark blue and white paint till I got the colour. I get this vision in my mind or particular colours that obviously you can't just pick off the shelf....so mix, mix, try, try. I made the matt out of scrapbooking paper.

I also had this old pinboard. Grey.....It just did nothing for me. Something that does do something for me was covering it with red and white polka dot fabric! So happy!

 


Slowly I will continue to improve this space. So far I'm happy that it has cost me next to nothing and it is a bit of a break from nappy changes, kissing ouch's and crying babies. Mind you out of all my babies Levi cries the least. Hahahaha



Sigh....there is nothing more I can do when I look at that photo.....
*sigh




Taken looking out the front yard. I am thrilled with Ben having a knack for taking photos. We recently bought a Lumix DMC-TZ7 which is very good. Supposedly basically a digital camera just below an SLR. Do all you guys have fancy pants SLR's? I do think all your photos look great so I suppose to some extent a camera is just a camera?

2 comments:

Sparkling Adventures said...

I use a digital SLR and change the lenses according to what kind of photo I want to take.

However, it took me two years of using it on the automatic setting before I learned anything about it and could use it to deliberately take certain kinds of photos.

I know what you mean about CAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTE kids... Sometimes I just open my blog so I can look at the photos of my cherubs!

ARTwendy ... said...

Hey lovely .... still giggling about all that vocab myself ...!
Your room looks awesome!
Love the red spotty fabric ... the desks both being light really work ...
Never feel disheartened about the home that you have/are making! the vibe there is wonderful! xxx
Can't believe that Grace is 2!!!???