One life to live but so much to give.
I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a wife, I am a mother....
I am an in.di.vid.ual and there's so much to me....
more than I even know

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I was going to say....

Something! Then I forgot!


Ok, I will talk about something else....
***********************
Had a new friend come over today. The children insisted upon calling her "Mrs. Gracie a different one from little Gracie" allinoneword.

A seasoned homeschooler of 4 kids (aged 18-8). Oh sweet home Alabama! It was so good to be around a like minded person. Encouraging, insightful and settled a few fears I had. Notice the HAD!

Prior to her arrival...I did get a bit worried when I googled "Homeschooling requirements in Victoria". I had noticed on someone else's blog that the QLD government requires a run down of what you have taught your child in the form of an actual report. So got me wondering about Victoria.

Nothing too, too scary but still has me thinking. Thinking is a good thing though. I do think at the end of the day I can't expect the government to fit with my morals and standards but I am soooo not going to just fall in line with their ideas. Shhhhhhh don't tell them. :)

So I continue to go as I have been going. Enjoy my kids. Let them ask questions, answer their questions and ask them questions. Not only do I receive HILARIOUS answers it also cements in their mind what they have learnt and encourages them to be confident in their answers. This is something I have struggled with along my school life. I always suppressed how 'smart' I really am.

Still have to get myself off to the library. I know, I know......did you think I went there all the time? Bah! No but obviously I will end up knowing the place like nobody's business. Just the logistics are a bit tricky sometimes. I think I am too used to being chill and relaxed with my time. Not all bad but can't be at home all the time.

Funny quote of the day from Ashley

A: "Well done, good girl Ashie".
K: "Oh sorry Ashie, well done".
A: "No mummy, I say it....well done, good girl Ashie".

Oh babies you are sooooooooooo cute

Grace, blue texta drawn all over windows and doors not cute. Showing me your blue mouth (outside and inside), hands, arms and then lifting your dress up (also with blue tinge) to show me those delicious legs....you guessed it blue too......yeah ok maybe a little bit cute

No comments: