One life to live but so much to give.
I am a daughter, I am a sister, I am a wife, I am a mother....
I am an in.di.vid.ual and there's so much to me....
more than I even know

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The detention room

Here are some pics! I have decided tonight I will have enough patience for uploading pics. Nothing overly insightful or wonderful to say tonight.

Something exciting happened when Master Levi and I went out today. Ben cleaned the house! This is not really that rare. He ALWAYS helps out.....if one of us is working the other feels guilty hahaha so it works well for both participants :)

So coming home to dishes washed and put away, 2 baskets of washing folded and put away plus the office put back together all whilst watching 3 kids !  He is a champ!

Ahhh!!  I just noticed my camera battery getting low so enough talking already Katherine!!!!!!!!!!!

 
This is a before shot of the office. I am standing at the farthest point to try to get this pic. When I measured the office for painting I laughed because it is basically 2.5 meters x 2.5 meters and yes you guessed it 2.5 meters high! Anyhow you will see the wonderfully ugly "wood" paneling and the walls which only ever had a base coat on them. Plus a little 2 year old midgey wondering what the heck is going on.
SIDE NOTE: Grace sucks on her hair along with her thumb. She does not understand that she can suck on her thumb without her hair. Some people say cut it....what do you guys think? I love how long it is though!


 

Grace loves hats. Even a tshirt will do as a hat! My kids have big heads, little short bodies and due to that look chubby (except Ashie)....they are well below the 50th %.....those graphs are rubbish but gives you somewhat of an idea on size. Everything above the floor on which they stand to below their most stickingupest (YES that is a word) hair is sooooooooo beautiful!


Three babies in the bath. We were busy that night putting beards on then shaving them off to be like daddy "daddy has hairys on his face and little tiny baby hairys on his head" Poor Benny!! Hahahahahaha

 

So by this stage we have started painting the bottom half of the room white (Antique White U.S.A for those playing at home)



The top half of the room is Westleigh green. The more I sit here and look at it. I think it has an aquaish leaning. Man, I am coming out with some terrible made up words but I am looking up and thinking and these are words springing to mind so that what you get.

 

Well with the new room colour my red pin board didn't go so I went with this nice purple. On my sewing table are some of my thrifty finds. Starting on the left is my knitting/wool holdererer got that free from my mum. Love you mum! Oh and mum if you are reading this yes you gave this to me. :)
Next is a big sewing basket I got from a deceased estate $4. Beautiful satin green inside but my tidy girl closed the lid and I didn't realize before I took the pic. 

Next which you can't see very well is a little wooden holder thingy. Got 3 glass bottles with strawberries painted on them. I love strawberries and it is a little bit of red in the room $1 I think! 

Then we have my small sewing basket. This one was a bit pricey for an op shop $6 BUT I had been looking for one for ages and I really like it so I will live with the $6 expense. 

Lastly you can just see a white hanging thingy on the wall. Got three little pockets for my bills to pay, bills paid and things I want on hand. $2 from another op shop.

Interested in seeing more of my thrifty finds?


 

Little terrors....I mean buddies. They are quite hilarious dogs but sometimes when I am pooper scooping (Pooper scooper population me) I think they should be toilet trained!

Come on fellow bloggers share a bit about you. Maybe share some great thrifty finds of your own or something you have done to make your house more of a home.


p.s camera went flat less than 30 seconds after uploading pics! Phew!

2 comments:

Sparkling Adventures said...

I think you could probably do a whole strawberry theme in this room -- with that green and a pinkish red for accents.

It would look quite nice (unless the green is as aquaish is you think...).

ARTwendy ... said...

Katherine ... I LOVE the green & with the Chalk USA ... very nice! You're making a lovely home ... Yay ... small bites & a constant work in progress! Thanks for the pics!